Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Biting off more than I can chew

Well, it would seem my self inflicted assignment has proven most difficult!

My assignment which entails storyboarding 6 minutes of animated footage requires a lot more work and time than I expected. I've been working on the boards for a number of hours and I have not come close to being 1/2 way complete.

For the sake of completing this assignment swiftly I decided to lower the quality of my work and make the drawings more rough.

Even though I have not completed the boards I still have observed a lot. It is apparent that the storyboard artist for Road to El Dorado had a great sense of design and story telling. There are numerous examples of the rule of thirds as well as framing the focus point.

I'm going to carry on and work on these boards at double speed. Here's hoping that I don't knock myself off schedule too much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment