Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Feedback

After finishing my storyboards I was fortunate enough (and extremely grateful) to get the feedback of two storyboard professionals. Local animation director and storyboard artist extraordinaire Ron Doucet looked over my work and provided expert feedback for both the script and the boards. The feedback was thorough, thoughtful and just what I needed to hear!
Also Sequential Art instructor here at the NSCC, Crystal Marshall provided feedback on the boards and script as well, again very useful and a great perspective!

Both professionals suggested some changes in the story, particularly at the end. So my partners and I plan to get together to rework the script so that I may complete the boards to their fullest potential, at a later time. As such I will not be able to complete an animatic of my boards for this Self Directed class as expected. Although disappointed I cannot meet my deadlines, I want everything to be perfect before an animatic is completed. Perfection is important to me.

Despite the fact I will not complete the animatic, I couldn't be happier with the work I did this semester. The project storyboards alone would have taken me 120+ hours from conception to completion, not including the research, storyboard tests and character designs.

This class has been busy, crazy and somewhat harmful to my health and sanity, but I wouldn't change a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment