Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Biting off WAY more than I could chew

Referring back to my blog entry from a few days ago; I WAY over estimated myself.
Thinking that I could do 5-7 minutes worth of storyboards in one week was nuts! its two weeks later and I'm still trucking away at them. Whats worse than thinking I could create about 6 minutes of storyboards in one week? I thought I could create 20 minutes of storyboards the next week! Even if I wasn't balancing school and work that would be crazy!!

So, I've decided to revise my goals schedule now that I have learned my lesson. My schedule will now look something like this:
Feb 6 - Feb 10 FINISH ROAD TO ELDORADO STORYBOARDS
Feb 13 - Feb 17 CREATE CHARACTER SHEETS FOR PILOT PROJECT ANIMATION (FINISH SCRIPT)
Feb 20 - Feb 24 BEGIN STORYBOARD ROUGHS
Feb 27 - Mar2 FINISH STORYBOARD ROUGHS- SEEK CRITIQUE
Mar 5 - Mar 9 MAKE ANY REVISIONS TO ROUGH STORYBOARDS AND BEGIN CLEAN STORYBOARDS
Mar 19 - Mar 23 CONTINUE STORYBOARDS
Mar 26 - Mar30 FINISH STORYBOARDS - SEEK CRITIQUE
Apr 2 - Apr 6 COMPLETE ANY FURTHER REVISIONS AND SCAN STORYBOARD
Apr 9 - Apr 13 CREATE ANIMATIC FROM STORYBOARDS FOR ANIMATION USE.

I admit I am disappointed that I was unable to achieve my goals. I pride myself in being a very hard and dedicated worker, so when I am unsuccessful with meeting goals (even ridiculous ones), I'm unhappy.
But, it has been a learning experience and I feel I have given myself a better time frame to complete my new goals.

My next blog entry will have some examples of my Road to Eldorado storyboards!

No comments:

Post a Comment